Friday, June 8, 2012

New Hair!!

So, one thing you will probably notice if you've watched me since I started my channel in November is I like to change my hair color....A LOT!! So once again, I wanted a new change. I really liked the blonde I had but was getting lazy with going to the salon for upkeep... So I decided yesterday to dye it at home myself! I went ahead and picked up the John Freida Foam Hair color!
Now originally, I was going to dye my whole head but instead of completely getting rid of my blonde, I decided to keep my ombre hair! I am really happy with the way it came out!!

Now for my little mini review on the foam hair color! I did like it. I think it made working with hair color much easier because it's harder to miss a spot with the foam. However, two downfalls and probably only one for anyone who actually reads directions! 
1) I shook this up like I would a regular hair dye... WRONGO! It made it super liquidy which kind of defeated the purpose of foam... It still foamed but was quite liquidy... It said in the instructions to lightly tilt and not to shake and well of course I was mid shaking the hell out of that thing by then... 
2) Now this is probably only because of my mistake of shaking it, but it was quite messy. I got it all over the floor and my counter top... luckily it came out quite easily!
3) Last thing... the conditioner it came with wasn't all that great but now I'm just being nitpicky. 
The color was pretty much what the box said it would be and I loved how shiny it made my hair. The kit came with everything I needed and I'm pretty sure if I wouldn't have shaken it profusely, it would have worked great! So definitely worth giving a shot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment