Monday, July 15, 2013

Kardashian/Khroma Beauty Review


So I had seen sooooooo many beauty bloggers rave over the Kardashian (No longer Khroma due to a lawsuit) joysticks and beauty line in general.

  • Let me just put this out there, I am neither obsessed with nor hate the Kardashians. I know a lot of people are very extreme when it comes to their feelings about them, I think they are entertaining and smart business women. I mean just look at the empire they've got going on for goodness sakes. However, I'm not someone who wants to buy everything they put out. This review definitely isn't biased in that sense. 
Anyways, I decided to finally go pick up some of their products. I saw the Kardashian Beauty was buy one, get one half off at Ulta, plus I had a $3.50 off coupon so I thought it was a good time to try some stuff out. After scouring their display, I settled on two products; Babydoll Joystick ($8.99) and Summer Honey Lipgloss ($8.99). The price of these isn't horrible these days. Plus with my coupon, I only ended up paying $10 for both. So let's break these bad boys down:



Scent: The first thing  I did when I got into my car was open these up and smell them. Of all the reviews I read, everyone mentioned the honey scent and I was curious to see if I'd like this...

  • Joystick-Yes ... The scent of this was pleasant... it was like a mix of honey and vanilla... not too overpowering... 
  •  Lipgloss-NO ...GOOD GRIEF...This scent is EXTREMELY strong... I'm not trying to be dramatic, but I gag a little when I smell this. The scent is just too overpowering for my liking. It smells like honey/chemicals times a million. Just no... not for me. Once it is on my lips, the scent seems to not be as strong. I can still slightly smell it and it drives me crazy. 
Color Payoff: The real reason I bought the Kardashian line was because I heard rave reviews about the color payoff and the colors just looked really pretty in general.

  • Joystick Babydoll- The color payoff of this is actually really good. Its very creamy, applies really nicely. I think the color is wrong for my skin tone. I already knew this but I also dream of colors like this working for me... they never do. I'm verryyy olive and warm. Babydoll is a cool-toned pink and will look beautiful on some of you lighter skin ladies. Overall, I liked the Payoff and the color... for someone else =D
  • Lipgloss Summer Honey- This is a very sheer lipgloss. It has a nice shimmer to it but doesn't translate all that well onto the lips. The shine also doesn't translate... I'm not really sure what the purpose of this product is... maybe the ultra minimalist look? 


Wear: The make or break for products usually comes down to wear time. I mean honestly, who wants to reapply lip products every 30 minutes.

  • Joystick- This wore pretty well on me. I would say it lasted about 2 hours, then another two of very very faint color. It's really creamy so it didn't stay put very long, but I expected that with the creaminess of it. 
  • Lipgloss: I don't even know what to say about this product, it just did nothing for me. No shine, was gone in like 15 minutes.... errrr ya, this was a bust. There are wayyyyyyy better lipglosses at the drugstore. 
The last thing I want to touch on is packaging. the packaging was actually appealing when I first saw it. However after only a day of using my joystick, the tip broke. Not to mention, it's a very messy product. As you can see in the picture, it gets all over the edge because of the creaminess. I might be the only one who gets bothered by things like that, but yes... it bothers me lol.


Overall, the joystick was ok, nothing I would repurchase. The lipgloss I will stay miles away from.

Have you all had luck with your Kardashian Beauty? Is there something I need to pickup to try from them?


BTW: Currently jamming to Taking Back Sunday... The Union... really takes me back to high school. If you loved them as much as I did, *high five* through the blogosphere!! "I never made a scene...well they came to me"

No comments:

Post a Comment